Cover

Cover

sign up for my newsletter

Sign up for my newsletter to receive booking information and specials right to your inbox.




Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our Fantastic Fall | A personal post

This time of year is really my favorite. I love the foliage and the crisp air. I love grabbing a sweater before walking out of the house. Hearing the crunch of the leaves under my feet is a wonderful sound. I try to enjoy this season as much as possible before winter digs its heels in. I'm not a fan of winter. When you're a kid, winter is great! Sledding, snowball fights, no school......the novelty wears off when you realize you need to shovel all of that and probably still have to drive in it at some point. It also gets dark far too early and I feel like we're trapped by 5:00. But back to fall....
Although you won't see me eating any apples right off the tree (I'm allergic to raw apples. Super lame), you will find me at the orchard at least a couple times. I love to make apple crisp and my kids will snack on apples.
Walking around pretty much anywhere is just more beautiful in the fall. Over the last week, we've visited the aquarium, the orchard and the arboretum. Here are some of the memories we've made.


You'll notice my daughter has a fantastic fashion sense, like matching zebra with zebra. I also love that my dad joined us for this trip.

I'm just a big fan of the colors going on here. Yellow bees, red apples, green grass.....good stuff.

I don't often get a chance to be in a picture with my kids. This was pretty cool for me. I think it's extra special that our dog made it into our family portrait too. Thanks to my mom, who was also holding onto her dog, for being able to get this for me.

Huge smile on mama's face about this one. There is nothing more amazing than kids just being kids.

Alright, there's nothing that screams "fall" about petting a shark inside, but this was still really fun for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment